Section 48 Report
Every school in the Archdiocese of Birmingham is inspected under Section 48 of the Education Act 2005. These inspections evaluate the Catholic life of the school, the provision and quality of collective worship, as well as all areas of RE. This inspection process helps ensure that all Catholic schools continue to develop in order to fulfil their mission of making Christ know.
Catholic life is judged against the following grade descriptors:
- The Catholic Life of the school
- Collective Worship
Leadership of Catholic life and collective worship is judged against the following grade descriptors:
- Leadership of Catholic life and collective worship
Religious Education is judged against the following grade descriptors:
- Leadership of Religious Education
- How well pupils achieve and enjoy their learning in Religious Education
- The quality of teaching and how purposeful learning is in Religious Education
- The Curriculum in Religious Education and the “Catholic Curriculum”
RE and Catholic Life Inspections take place every 5 years with an interim monitoring visit on the third year to ensure that all previous judgements are still sound and to review progress.