In accordance with DfE guidelines, we believe that our school uniform can instil a sense of pride in our school amongst our pupils and will support positive behaviour. We have taken steps to ensure that our uniform is affordable and is available to all families. In cases of financial difficulty, assistance may be available.
- Navy blue full zip fleece or sweatshirt (school logo/plain)* or jumper or cardigan
- Grey school trousers or knee length school shorts or navy blue skirt or pinafore
- Light blue polo shirt (school logo*/plain), worn tucked in to trousers or skirts
- Navy blue summer check or stripe summer dress
- Grey or white socks or navy blue opaque tights
Items marked *, together with PE and book bags may be ordered online from our suppliers, Price and Buckland, by following this link:
Items marked ** can be purchased directly from the School Office via School Gateway.
All other items can be purchased more widely.
- Navy blue tracksuit (plain with no branding) - optional
- Navy blue shorts* or skort
- White T-shirt OR St Josephs' blue PE shirt with logo**
All children with hair long enough to cover their eyes will be asked to tie their hair so that it is securely off their face.
All jewellery must be removed for PE. Earrings which cannot be taken out, should be taped up.
If your child wishes to wear a sports watch/ activity tracker, they must cover it with a sweatband.
You will need to register and create your own username and password and then you are ready to order. Sample garments are available in school to check sizing. Items can be ordered for delivery to your home or to school.
All other items of school uniform are widely available from department stores and supermarkets.
- Shoes—all children should wear black school shoes – not boots or trainers. For health and safety reasons, open-toed sandals are not acceptable.
- Outdoor Play—you may wish to provide your child with a pair of tracksuit bottoms to wear over their uniform at playtimes, particularly in winter, when the playground and field can be wet and/or muddy.
- Bags—Pupils will need a book bag, shoe bag and a bag to hold PE kit—all available from Price and Buckland. As space in the classrooms is very limited, we ask that no large bags or backpacks be brought into school.
- Jewellery—Children should not wear jewellery in school. This includes everything except watches. If pupils have pierced ears they may wear small discreet sleepers or studs. If they are unable to remove these themselves, they must be covered over for PE and swimming lessons.
- Make up – Make up and nail varnish are not acceptable in school.
- Hair—Long hair should be tied back. Hair ornaments should be discreet and be in school colours.